How to make the perfect cup of coffee
How to Make a Perfect Cup of Pakistani Mix Tea
Pakistani mix tea is an integral part of Pakistani culture and is one of the most highly consumed beverages in the entire country. While mix tea is the most popular of all Pakistani teas, Masala Chai, Doodh Pati Chai and Kashmiri Chai are equally good and can be enjoyed at any time of the day or night. Whether you're celebrating a wedding or just trying to wake up in the morning, these teas will provide you with both clarity and caffeination.
Making Pakistani Mix Tea
Gather your ingredients.You will need the following items: 1.5 cups of water, 1/4 cup full fat milk, ¾ tablespoon loose black tea and 1.5 teaspoons of granulated sugar. Sweeten your tea to taste; if you prefer your tea to be sweeter, increase the amount of sugar your use per cup.
- This recipe makes one cup of tea, but you can easily double and triple the recipe to accommodate a larger group.
- Tapal Danedar is a very popular Pakistani tea that is frequently used in this recipe.
- If you don’t have loose leaf tea, you can cut up already existing tea bags.
Boil your tea.Pour your 1.5 cups of water in a saucepan and allow it to boil. Once the water is bubbling, add your loose leaf tea. Cover your saucepan and allow it to simmer for one minute on low heat until your tea turns a shade of dark orange.
- One your tea has changed colors, add your milk to the pot. Allow your milky tea to simmer for a minute or two over low heat.
Strain and serve your tea.Pour your tea mixture over a colander to strain out the extra tea particles. Pour your tea into a teacup or teapot and enjoy!
- Add a pinch of cardamom and cinnamon to your tea for added aroma and increased flavor. You can add the spices directly to your completed cup of tea.
- You can add your 1.5 teaspoons of sugar at this point, or leave the sugar out entirely if your tea is sweet enough.
Making Masala Chai
Gather your ingredients.You will need the following items: ¾ cup water, 2-4 smashed cardamom pods, 1-2 thin slices of fresh ginger, a 1-inch cinnamon stick, 1 piece star anise, ¾ cup milk, 1.5 teaspoons loose black tea leaves and sweetener to taste.
- Honey and maple syrup are the preferred sweeteners for this recipe.
- This recipe will make one 8 ounce serving of tea.
- Star anise is a Chinese cooking spice and can be purchased at Chinese grocery stores, or omitted entirely.
- Smash your cardamom pods by grinding them between a mortar and pestle.
Make the tea immediately before serving.Combine your water, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon stick and star anise in a small saucepan. Allow the mixture to boil, then lower the heat and allow the mixture to simmer until your mixture has a strong fragrance. Add your milk and tea, then simmer for another minute.
- After the mixture has simmered, turn off the heat and allow the tea to steep for two minutes.
- Strain your tea before pouring and serving. Sweeten your tea to taste.
Prep your tea the night before.Before you go to bed, combine the water, cardamom, cinnamon stick and star anise (do not add the ginger yet). Bring your mixture to a boil, then cover your saucepan and allow your mixture to sit overnight.
- In the morning, add the ginger and bring your mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and allow your mixture to simmer until it starts to smell good.
- Add the rest of your ingredients. Allow the mixture to simmer for another minute, then turn off the heat and steep your mixture for an additional two minutes.
- Strain and serve your chai.
Making Doodh Pati Chai
Gather your ingredients.You will need the following items: 1.5 cups water, 1 cup milk, 2 black tea bags, 4 cardamom seeds and sweetener to taste. If you don’t have tea bags, you can substitute ¾ tablespoon loose leaf tea.
- Brewers of Doodh Pati Chai believe the milk plays the strongest part in creating the tea’s flavor. For a creamier version of the drink, substitute cream for milk.
- White granulated sugar is the preferred sweetener for Doodh Pati Chai.
Combine your milk and water in a saucepan.Heat your liquid on high until the mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. After your mixture has boiled, add your cardamom seeds, teabags and sugar into the saucepan.
- Stir your mixture to redistribute the contents and wait for your tea to come to a boil.
- The longer you allow your mixture to cook on the stove, the stronger the taste of your tea will be.
Strain and serve your tea.Doodh Pati Chai is traditionally served by pouring it into a tea-cup saucer, but you can also drink it out of a mug, if you prefer.
- You can either strain your tea by pouring it into a colander, or you can filter it through a teapot filter basket.
Making Kashmiri Pink Chai or Noon Chai
Gather your ingredients.You’ll need the following items: 2 teaspoons of Kashmiri tea leaves, ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda), 2 pods of smashed cardamom, 2 cups of water, 2 cups of whole milk and ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- If you don’t have Kashmiri tea leaves, you can substitute green tea leaves.
- You have the option of garnishing your drink with 1.5 teaspoons of ground pistachios and almonds.
Combine your tea and 1 cup of water in a saucepan.Boil your tea on medium heat until frothy. Add your bicarbonate of soda and vigorously whisk your mixture for 10 seconds. Add your other cup of water along with your cardamom and boil your tea until the mixture turns bright red.
- If you don’t have a whisk, a fork or wooden spoon will also suffice.
Add your milk.Turn your heat down to medium low and add your milk. Whisk the tea vigorously until a slight froth emerges. Add your salt, stir and pour your mixture into a cup. Garnish your tea by sprinkling it with your crushed pistachios and almonds.
- Once you add your milk, your tea should be a dark pink. The more milk you add, the lighter your mixture will be and the creamier your tea will taste.
QuestionHow do I give my kashmiri tea a pink color?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSome people add food dye, but you could also use some beetroot juice.Thanks!
Video: How To Make The Perfect Cup Of English Tea
Luxury Space Travel In The SpaceX Crew Dragon
Take a Tour of Stone Fox Bride’s Stunning OfficeSpace
8 Powerful Reasons to Love Your Enemies
Reinventing Date Night
How to Make a Scrapbook of Recipes
Ortho D Reviews
Can Eating Bananas Really Help You Lose Weight
What You Never Knew About Princess Dianas Famous Cleavage Bags
No-Sweat Home Workouts
How to Use Purse Twist Turn Locks