Excess DHT causes HAIR LOSS | How to Block DHT | Full info by Guru Mann
How to Reduce DHT Levels
Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is a hormone naturally produced in the body. It is responsible for the development of certain masculine characteristics including body hair, muscle growth, a deep voice, and the prostate. Typically less than 10 percent of your body's testosterone is converted to DHT, and most people don't need to worry too much about their DHT levels. However, an excessive amount of DHT has been linked to hair loss and prostate cancer. You may be able to control your DHT levels through diet and lifestyle changes. Medications and supplements can also be used to block the production of DHT.
Controlling DHT through Diet
Include tomatoes in sauces.Tomatoes are high in lycopene, which is a natural DHT blocker. Lycopene is absorbed more efficiently from cooked tomatoes than from raw tomatoes. While a slice of tomato on your sandwich will help, a hearty tomato sauce over pasta is better.
- Carrots, mangoes, and watermelon are also good sources of lycopene.
Snack on nuts such as almonds and cashews.Other substances in food that naturally inhibit DHT, including L-lysine and zinc, can be found in almonds, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, and cashews.
- Including nuts in your diet on a daily basis can help naturally reduce your DHT levels.
- Zinc is also found in leafy green vegetables, such as kale and spinach.
Drink green tea.Green tea is rich in antioxidants, and also helps slow or even stop the conversion of testosterone into DHT. Other hot beverages, including black tea and coffee, have a similar effect.
- For best results, drink organic, whole leaf teas. Avoid processed green tea "drinks," which may have less than 10 percent tea. You also want to avoid adding sugars or artificial sweeteners to your tea.
Eliminate sugar from your diet.Sugar causes inflammation and increases your body's production of DHT. Too much sugar in your diet will cancel out any benefit you get from other foods.
- Staying away from added sugars and sweets, such as cookies and candy, may seem pretty easy. But watch out for packaged and processed foods, which may contain sugar even though they don't taste particularly sweet.
Moderate your caffeine intake.Your morning cup of coffee can help lower DHT production. However, consuming too much caffeine can have the opposite effect. Too much caffeine may also lead to hormone imbalances and dehydration, which inhibit hair growth.
- Stay away from caffeinated sodas, which also have sugar and other chemicals that can actually increase DHT production.
Using Medicines and Supplements
Take a saw palmetto supplement.Saw palmetto naturally blocks DHT production by inhibiting the function of 5-alpha-reductase type II, the enzyme that converts testosterone into DHT. Taking a 320-milligram supplement each day can also improve your hair growth.
- While saw palmetto won't work as quickly as prescription medication, it costs less and may be more convenient to take.
Try pumpkin seed oil.Pumpkin seed oil is another natural DHT blocker, although it may not be as efficient as saw palmetto. Unlike saw palmetto, the effects of pumpkin seed oil have been studied primarily in rats, rather than in human test subjects.
- Pumpkin seed oil is licensed as a treatment of prostate disorders in Germany and the United States.
- You can also eat a handful of pumpkin seeds each day if you want to consume more pumpkin seed oil, although you won't get as much of the oil as you do if you take a supplement in pill form. Roasting pumpkin seeds can reduce some of the beneficial properties.
Talk to your doctor about finasteride.Finasteride, which is also sold under the brand-name Propecia, is a medication approved by the FDA to treat hair loss, specifically male pattern baldness. You can get injections or take it in pill form.
- Finasteride acts on enzymes that concentrate in your hair follicles, inhibiting the production of DHT.
- Finasteride can stop baldness from progressing, and in some cases cause new hair growth.
Ask your doctor about topical minoxidil (Rogaine) 2% or oral Finasteride.One potential consequence of high DHT is hair loss on the top of your head. Treatments like minoxidil or Finasteride can help reduce hair loss and even encourage hair growth in some cases. Talk to your doctor in advance of starting a new medication, though, to make sure it won't interact with any drugs you currently take or cause other unwanted side effects.
- Some potential side effects of these treatments may include a reduction in libido, reduced ability to maintain an erection, and a decrease in ejaculate.
Making Lifestyle Changes
Exercise 3 to 5 days a week.Being overweight and living a sedentary lifestyle puts you at an increased risk for prostate cancer. Start a regular exercise program, even if it's just walking for 20 minutes every other day.
Schedule time for rest and relaxation.Not having a good balance between work and play can increase stress levels, which in turn causes your body to produce more DHT. Set aside 15 or 20 minutes each day to do something that is fun for you.
- Choose a restful, calming activity, such as reading a book, coloring, or working a jigsaw puzzle.
- You also want to make sure you're getting enough sleep. Too little sleep can also increase your stress level, leading to increased DHT levels.
Get a massage to reduce stress.Stress may cause your body to convert more testosterone to DHT. A massage not only reduces overall stress, it can also stimulate and improve circulation, which can encourage hair growth.
- Try a massage every other week for a couple of months and see if you notice any improvement in your overall stress level.
Quit smoking.On top of the other health risks of smoking, smokers also have higher DHT levels than non-smokers. If you have elevated DHT levels and you smoke, quitting can help normalize your body's DHT production.
- Because cigarette smoking increases levels of DHT and other hormones, it may cause an increased risk of prostate cancer (although some studies have shown the opposite). Smoking does increase the likelihood of death from prostate cancer.
- Smoking in and of itself also causes hair loss, regardless of the effect of smoking on DHT levels.
How to regrow hair naturally?
- For best results, choose organic produce in season. These foods are free of chemicals that may interfere with hormones, and have the highest concentrations of nutrients.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , العربية: , Italiano: , Français: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How to Prevent Hair Loss - DHT Blockers
Ciate Flower Manicure Sets for Spring 2014
How to Cleanse the Lymph System
Stunning Wedding Ensembles For The Unconventional Bride
Scorpione: 5 cose che devi fare per vivere al massimo i tuoi 20 anni
What will change when millennials lead
Coffee May Be Key to Ward Off Diabetes
Watch What Happens When This Dad-To-Be Blows Raspberries On His Partners Baby Bump
How to Find a Traffic School
How to Make Sausage Rolls
How to Improve JPEG Image Quality
Lou Dalton x River Island Design Forum
We reviewed Diet Cokes four new flavors