Yoga Asana - Parivrtta Eka Pada Utkatasana
One-Legged Chair Pose (Eka Pada Utkatasana)
Also Known as:Figure-four position
Type of Pose:Standing, balancing
Benefits:Improves core strength and balance, opens the hips, strengthens the legs.
1. Begin by coming into awkward chair pose (utkatasana). Take several breaths here with both feet grounded into the floor. Make sure your thighs are low and your weight is back in your heels.
2. Bring your hands to Anjali mudra at your heart. Feel all four corners of your left foot on the floor as you start to peel your right foot off the ground. Keep your left knee bent as you cross your right ankle over to rest on your left thigh just above your knee.
3. Flex your right foot strongly. If you look down, you should see a triangle shape formed by your legs.
4. Stay in this position for three to five breaths. If you want to go further, begin to bring your chest lower until your hands (still in prayer position) rest on your right calf. If this feels ok, you can continue to forward bend until your fingers touch the floor. Keep the bend in your right leg or straighten it, depending on which feels better.
5. If you have forward bended, come out the way you came in, returning to an upright position slowly.
Video: Yoga Asana - Parivrtta Eka Pada Utkatasana
How to Make Game Controller Cookies
How to Have Fun in Las Vegas Without Gambling
Tomato And Couscous Salad Recipe
Save the Date’ by Jacket Required
Short Hairstyles Haircuts for Women
What Santa Did For This Little Girl Will Melt Your Heart
Instagram Insta-Glam: ColoredMascara
25 Toe Nail Designs that Scream Summer
How to Manage Mental Illness in a Marriage
How to Deal with Former Bullies at a High School Reunion
How to Find an Hour a Day for Yourself
20 Long Floral Dresses You Need in Your SpringWardrobe
How to Groom an Affenpinscher
How to Be a Good Entertainer
Kate Middleton, Prince William And Prince Harry Visit The Spectacular Sea Of Poppies in London